Costco and Grace

So I work at Costco. We have brief meetings together before we go out to the floor, and we were getting talked about us not being on top of things and the supervisors see us doing nothing. This one guy complains and says something like, "Well, I'm always friendly with the customers, but for like ten minutes, I'll slow down, and that's when the supervisors see me. Why didn't they see me then?"

Our lead manager said that was irrelevant and that we always had a job to do, basically shutting him down. I thought of this story. A man is in court before the judge for running a red light. Would it make sense for the man to say to the judge, "I may have run the red light this once, but what about all the other times I ran green lights and stopped at red lights? I've been doing that for years! Why don't you focus on that instead?" No, it would not. That's what he's supposed to do anyways. So if it's not a valid excuse in court, it's not valid at Costco either.

And so it is with God's grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Milo

What Does The Bible Say About Birth Control?

Is Canon 28 Binding?