Spiritual Films I Like

I want to list some of my favorite spiritual films, because in cinematic culture, those who want to get a good Christian message across do so terribly. I mean, look at "God's Not Dead", "Fireproof" "Left Behind" and I'll stop there. It's just as bad as modern Christian music. I read somewhere that these films get Christianity right, but they get all the rest of the culture wrong. So these films are films that I like that strike a good balance.

Calvary: A priest knows his days are numbered and continues to try to administer God's graces upon his small Irish town. 

Risen: Tastefully done. This story follows a Roman soldier during the climatic days of Jesus' ministry. 

The Way: A father tries to finish El Camino de Santiago for his deceased son. Meets broken people along the way. 

A Man For All Seasons: The story of St. Thomas More's martyrdom. How we could use someone like him today. 

For Greater Glory: An account of the Cristero War

The Tree of Life: Not explicitly religious, kinda existential, but beautifully done by Terrence Malick.

The Song of Bernadette: Dramatization of the story of St. Bernadette and Our Lady of Lourdes. 

The Passion of the Christ: I don't need to say anything about this one.

The Prince of Egypt: One of my favorite animated films as a kid, and would recommend it for other children as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Milo

What Does The Bible Say About Birth Control?

Is Canon 28 Binding?